At CapitalOnStage top-tier investors present themselves to the world’s finest startups, instead of the reverse. As a Startup Founder, you gain valuable insights into the way investors look at your market and which investors might be interested (and suitable!) in your company.
Program & Open Office Hours
On stage, 20 Investors will present themselves: their views on the market, what they’re looking for and what they add besides money. Also, 2 successful entrepreneurs explain how they raised capital. In the morning, you’ll be able to book 15-minute meetings with Investors and talk about anything you want: present your company, ask their advice, or anything else.
A wide variety of investors attend CapitalOnStage, ranging from to seed investors and well-known Venture Capitalists. All Startups that attend the conference have been hand-picked and can only join if they work on scalable web/tech businesses and are a (co)founder or CEO (sorry, but no employees). Have a look here for which investors joined us in the past.
If you feel you live up to this profile, do apply for an invitation [for the LONDON edition]. Or you could find out more about the program of our next conference, or check out the latest news on our facebook page. By the way, startups can join at very low rates (starting at €65/GBP55).
We work with prestigious law firms or large accounting firms host our events. Past hosts included Deloitte (NL) and Norton Rose Fulbright (UK). For us, these partners secure the high quality we expect. Want to sponsor a Capital On Stage in your city? Get in touch with Arjen – founder of Capital On Stage.
Info for Investors
CapitalOnStage brings investors together with a great selection of (mostly European) Internet Startup CEOs/founders that are interested in getting funded. Investors have the opportunity to give a five-minute presentation in front of a niche audience of around 200 Startups.
We ask you to deliver an unravelling 5-minute presentation where you briefly explain who you are, your investment strategy, the markets you invest in, and what you bring to the table to support Startups besides cash. This will give Startups better insights in what kind of an investor (or fund) you are. This should result in a more relevant deal flow, since Startups understand more about you and what you’re looking for. To get an idea how your colleagues present themselves, have a look at some of their 5-minute pitches.
- At every conference, we limit attendance to 200 (up to 250, differs per event) Tech Startup Founders, and only 20 Investors receive an invitation
- No clutter: 0 consultants, 0 marketers, 0 recruiters
- The few sponsors we have actually participate in the event themselves. Past sponsors include Deloitte, Amazon, PayPal & Google
- We only invite founders and CEOs of these 200 European Internet Startups
- Our goal is not to come up with your usual suspects; each startup is cherry-picked
- 200 founders will get to know your firm and you personally
- During the Open Office Hours in the morning, 9 startup founders book 1-on-1 meetings with you
A VC ticket is €1200 for the entire day; exclusive attendance with only 19 other VCs, a pitch on stage, bring 1 colleague along, and get your own Open Office Hours with Startup founders in the morning.
Info for Startups
CapitalOnStage is a great place for founders of Internet Startups to physically meet different types of investors, ranging from Business Angels to Seed Investors and Venture Capitalists. No more than 200 Startups and 20 Investors are invited, which means you’ll have plenty of opportunity to talk to Investors, so forget making a long and expensive road-trip to meet investors. You can meet 20 of them in just one day! Admission is based on invitation-only and inexpensive for startups (ticket sales starts from €65/GBP55), so make sure to apply to attend CoS LONDON.
What to Expect
- 20 unique presentations in which top-tier investors present themselves. Business is personal…
- 2 keynote presentations of successful entrepreneurs who already received funding. They share their learnings
- Learn about what VCs and Business Angels are really looking for in their next investment
- Open Office Hours: book several 15-minute meetings with the investors of your choice
- The opportunity to pitch your Startup in front of the entire audience -over 250 startups, investors, and sponsors- for 30 seconds (book a spotlight ticket)
Who can apply?
If you match all of the following criteria, feel free to apply for joining Capital On Stage LONDON.
- You’re a Internet/tech startup with a scalable business (you don’t sell consulting hours)
- You’re a founder or at least own significant shares in the company
- Your business is up and running, or you’re working on launching any time soon
- You want to find out more about funding and enjoy a glass of beer as well!
After you applied via our website through the “request invitation” button, your application lands in our database. We review every application carefully. When we are still uncertain whether to give you an invite or not, we will get in touch with you with some additional questions about you & your firm. In total, we invite a maximum of 200 startup founders per email at an average of about 30 invitations per week. In your invitation you’ll receive a unique invitation code to sign up for the conference. You’ll receive all further instructions per email closer to the date of the conference. Please notice that we only allow ONE founder per company!
To give you an indication; at our first conference in Amsterdam in September last year we received over 550 applications from startup founders from 17 countries!
Entry Ticket (Early Bird): €65/GBP55 (40 available)
Entry Ticket (Normal): €125/GBP110 (160 available)
Spotlight Ticket: €195/GBP170 (limited availability!). Spotlight ticket = Entry ticket + 30 seconds to pitch your company “in the spotlight” in front of entire audience – investors, sponsors, partners, and 199 other tech startup founders).
arjenstrijker arjenstrijker arjenstrijker.com Arjen Strijker Founder & MD tohrmann tohrmann Till Ohrmann Managing Director Events lauravandervlies laurux Laura van der Vlies Event Coordinator basvandekamp basvandekamp Bas van de Kamp Videographer sanderkoppelaar koppelaar Launchdesk Sander Koppelaar Former co-founder