At CapitalOnStage top-tier investors present themselves to Europe’s finest startups. Capital On Stage takes place on the 24rd of April in London. As a Startup, you gain better insights into the way investors look at your market and which investors might be interested (and suitable!) for their company.
A wide variety of investors attend CapitalOnStage, ranging from to seed investors and well-known Venture Capitalists. All Startups that attend the conference have been hand-picked and can only join if they work on scalable web/tech businesses and are a (co)founder or CEO.
Program & open office hours
On stage, 2 entrepreneurs show how they raised capital. 20 Investors will present themselves: their views on the market, what they’re looking for and what they add besides money. In the morning, you’ll be able to book 15-minute meetings with investors and talk about anything you want: present your company, ask their advice, or anything else.
- April 24, 2012
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pmOpen Office HoursBook private 15-minutes slots with the investors of your choice.
- 12:30 pm - 2:00 pmDoors openLate Lunch
- 2:00 pm - 2:15 pmOpening words by Arjen Strijker
- 2:15 pm - 2:45 pmKeynote A: Vinay Guptaco-founder WhipCar.com
- 2:45 pm - 3:15 pmCapital On Stage Round 1Five Investor Presentations
- 3:15 pm - 3:25 pmStartups in the Spotlight
- 3:25 pm - 3:55 pmCapital On Stage Round 2Five Investor presentations
- 3:55 pm - 4:30 pmCoffee break
- 4:30 pm - 5:00 pmKeynote B: George Berkowskico-founder Woome.com & HAILO – the Black Cab App.
- 5:00 pm - 5:30 pmCapital On Stage Round 3Five Investor presentations
- 5:30 pm - 5:40 pmStartups in the spotlight
- 5:40 pm - 6:10 pmCapital On Stage Round 4Five Investor presentations
- 6:10 pm - 6:30 pmCapital On Stage WinnersWinning 4 VCs announcement & Final VC Panel Session
- 6:30 pm - 6:45 pmFinal words
- 6:45 pm - 8:30 pmFood & drinks
Vinay Gupta Co-FounderWhipCar.comWhipCar enables car owners to rent out their vehicles for money, whenever they are not using them. The company raised £1million in Venture Capital funding from Delta Partners in October 2009 and was at the forefront of the now popular Collaborative Consumption movement, which TIME recently named as "one of the 10 ideas that could change the world”. In 2010, WhipCar was named Best Cleantech startup in Europe by TechCrunch. Vinay is going to speak about his experiences with VC's and investment, and more!
George Berkowski WOO.ME and Hailo – The Black Cab appGeorge co-founded WooMe.com in 2007, an under his lead, WooMe built a reputation as one of the most innovative social dating and video chat sites on the web. The site grew to over 10 million users, offices in Los Angeles and London, substantial revenues and as a result was acquired by Zoosk.com (the world’s largest dating site with over 100 million users). George is currently the Head of Product for HAILO – the Black Cab App. HAILO is one of London’s fastest growing startups, already changing the face of taxi transportation in London, and expanding rapidly into numerous US and European cities. He is also Chairman of the MIT Enterprise Forum UK – a forum for leading entrepreneurs and thought leaders (including people like Ray Kurzweil, Guy Kawasaki, Niklas Zennstrom and many others). George holds a Masters in Business from Ecole Superieure de Commerce de Paris, and a Bachelors of Science in Aeronautics / Astronautics and Economics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He's going to talk about his experiences with Venture Capitalists, the emotional process in getting funded, as well as why "eating your own dogfood" and honesty is so important in building web businesses today.
Norton Rose [law firm headquarters]
3 More London Riverside
London – UK
View Larger Map