At CapitalOnStage top-tier investors present themselves to Europe’s finest startups. As a Startup, you gain better insights into the way investors look at your market and which investors might be interested (and suitable!) for their company.
Capital On Stage Singapore took place on Google Mariana Bay premises on Tuesday September 24.
Program & Open Office Hours
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pmOpen Office HoursBook two private 10-minutes slots with the investors of your choice.
- 12:00 pm – 1:30 pmDoors openLunch
- 1:30 pm – 1:40 pm Opening words by Arjen Strijker
- 1:40 pm – 1:55 pmKeynote 1: Jeffrey Chi – Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association
- 1:55 pm – 2:25 pmCapital On Stage Round 1Four Investor Presentations
- 2:25 pm – 2:40 pmStartups in the Spotlight
- 2:40 pm – 3:10 pmCapital On Stage Round 2Four Investor presentations
Koichi Saito – IMJ Fenox
Leslie Loh – Red Dot Ventures
Joyce Ng – iGlobe Partners
Justin Mencher – Incuvest
- 3:10 pm – 3:25 pmCoffee break
- 3:25 pm – 3:40 pmKeynote 2: Willis Wee – Tech in Asia
- 4:10 pm – 4:25 pmStartups in the spotlight
- 4:25 pm – 4:45 pmCoffee break
- 4:45 pm – 5:15 pmCapital On Stage Investor Panel DiscussionFour selected VC’s are announced for the VC Panel Session
- 5:15 pm – 5:30 pmFinal words
- 5:30 pm – 7:30 pmFood, drinks and networking
3:40 pm – 4:10 pmCapital On Stage Round 3Four Investor presentations
James Kalani Lee – SAP Private Equity
Philipp von dem Knesebeck – K5 Ventures
Saemin Ahn – Rakuten Ventures
Patrick Tham – Recruit Group
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pmOpen Office HoursBook two private 10-minutes slots with the investors of your choice.
- Jeffrey is founding partner of Golden Gate Ventures, an early stage technology incubator based in Singapore. Jeff started and manages the Founder Institute in Singapore where he is currently overseeing its expansion in Southeast Asia. Since 2010 the Founder Institute in Singapore has graduated over 60 companies. Jeff spent the first eight years of his career in early stage venture and private equity in the US, North and South Asia. He co-founded a China market entry advisory firm which was then merged with a China mid-market private equity firm. He is currently an investor and advisor to R...
- Saemin Ahn ("Sae") is the Managing Partner at Rakuten Ventures. He is responsible for 1) leading and evaluating investments (team, product, IP, market, channels) 2) conducting due diligence and 3) analyzing deal structure in APAC. Prior to Rakuten Ventures, Sae was at Google for 5 years from 2009 to 2013 managing Sales and Business Development for Asia. He has extensive experience in Brand Management and Content Distribution with his time in Hyundaicard and Animal Studio, an animation startup. Sae received his B.S. in Business Administration and Broa...
- Yinglan Tan is a Venture Partner with Sequoia Capital India. Prior to joining the firm, Yinglan headed the National Framework for Innovation and Enterprise, investing in high-tech growth ventures in the Prime Minister's Office in Singapore. Earlier, Yinglan had been the founding Director of 3i Venturelab China and an entrepreneur in the digital media industry. Yinglan received an MS in Management Science and Engineering from Stanford University and finished two Bachelor Degrees (ECE and Econ) at Carnegie Mellon and graduated top of his class as the W...
- Masahiko Honma is co-founder and general partner of Incubate Fund; the largest seed stage investment group in Japan, with a focus of investing in mobile, gaming, and internet media startups in Japan. The total asset under management of the fund is 60M USD. Masahiko has a good track record of creating and supporting mobile gaming startups including Pokelabo and Gumi. Both have grown from 2 to 3 persons teams when Masahiko joined as the first outside investor in 2008, into companies with 280 and 400 employees respectively. Pokelabo which Masahiko co-founded and took the first CEO role of was ...
- Philipp von dem Knesebeck is Managing Partner at K5 Ventures. Based in Hong Kong, Philipp is in charge of K5′s early-stage Venture Capital transactions, specifically focusing on originating, executing and syndicating transactions across the Asia-Pacific region. Before joining K5, he was employed with UniCredit Bank based in Munich, London and Hong Kong, and primarily responsible for sourcing and executing financing solutions for Private Equity-backed Leveraged Buyout transactions. Philipp obtained a Bachelor degree in Economics from City University (London, UK) and a Masters degree in Finance ...
- Koichi Saito is a manager at IMJ Fenox; a joint venture VC firm between IMJ corporation in Japan and Fenox VC in Silicon Valley. With their office in Singapore and extensive network in Silicon Valley, Japan, Europe and Southeast Asia, IMJ Fenox has positioned itself as the ideal partner for startups striving for global expansion. Koichi sources, evaluates, and executes early-stage investment deals focusing entirely on Southeast Asia. Prior to joining IMJ Fenox, Koichi Saito served as associate at Fenox Venture Capital in Silicon Valley. He previously worked at a PE fund founded by George So...
- Dr Chun Dong Chau, is partner and head of research in Crystal Horse, an early stage Singapore based angel investment firm, focusing on scalable platforms/ventures in South East Asia. His involvements and experiences with tech start-ups started in 1997. Building and witnessing start-ups grow to the next stage gives him the capabilities to work closely with Crystal Horse's portfolio companies on their businesses. Dr Chau, obtained his PhD in mathematics at the University of Leiden (The Netherlands), was double majored in mathematics and computer science and received his Engineering degree in ind...
- Leslie Loh is Managing Director at Red Dot Ventures. Leslie graduated from Saint Mary’s University, Canada, in 1982 with a bachelor of Commerce, majoring in Finance and Information Technology. Leslie was the Founder, Chairman and CEO of System Access since its inception in 1983. He played a major role in leading System Access from being a one-man outfit to a publicly listed global banking software organization with 10 offices and 500 staff in Europe, Middle East and Asia. The company was acquired in 2006 by SunGard Data Systems INC, USA, a leading global financial services software provider...
- Dr. Jeffrey Chi is a Managing Director of Vickers Venture Partners and a member of its Investment Committee and is currently Chairman of the Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association. Dr Chi is a member of the board of directors of Jing Jin Electric, Matchmove Games, Lumina Louque Roomorama, Affordable Luxury Network, Spicy Horse, Play Peli, California Intercontinental University, Mobinex, Inc. UUCUN, Chinaway and Tenfen Technology. He is an observer on the boards of and responsible for the supervisi...
- Justin Mencher is a Partner at Incuvest and has over 25 years experience working in and with technology businesses from physical machinery to software. From manufacturing and production to software design, development and implementation, most of that time was spent working in start-ups of his own or others. With an Engineering degree and minors in anthropology and literature from the University of California, San Diego, Justin had an early introduction to the difficulty of marrying man and machine. He has been trying to make them play nicely together ever since. After completing an MBA at...
- Joyce Ng is a Partner at iGlobe Partners and has over 15 years experience in banking, insurance, and venture capital investments/portfolio monitoring. She joined iGlobe in March 2006. Prior to joining iGlobe, Joyce was a Training Executive / Team Leader at ACE Insurance. She was responsible for all the training needs of Account Development Executives as well as providing external training for Sponsors & Telemarketers. She also led a team of ten (10) Account Development Executives and was responsible for driving and achieving sales targets for insurance sales. She worked 8 years (1995 to 20...
- The founder of Tech in Asia Willis Wee has been an entrepreneur since the age of 19. He ran an educational center for five years before selling it to his other partners. He also has experience in both traditional and digital advertising, thanks to his mentors at DDB Singapore. He loves roller-skating, coffee, late night outings, and just staring into space. Willis is our second key note speaker at #COSSNG. Catch him talking about building the startup culture in Singapore and Asia.
- James currently leads SAP’s collaboration with the private equity industry in Asia Pacific & Japan. In this capacity, he acts as a technology advisor to PE/VC firms to identify investment opportunities and areas where SAP technology can benefit portfolio companies. He has worked extensively in Europe, North America, and Asia across product, operations, and sales functions. Prior to joining SAP, James worked in management consulting at Hewlett Packard and McKinsey & Co. He received his Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of British Columbia and Master in Business Adm...
- Doctor, Performer and Entrepreneur, Derrick has always been driven by his passion for entertaining and empowering people. Besides TV hosting for Channel News Asia, Discovery Channel and holding a post as a radio DJ on Power 98, his voice is now regularly heard on the airwaves, tv and online through his Voice Over work. For the past year though, his primary focus has been building people and community through his current real world start up - Superfly Monkey Dragons - now one of Singapore's leading Parkour and Freerunning Academy's - not only helpi...
- Kuan Hua started his career in management consulting in the US, then focused on supply chain management at an Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) provider in the US and China. He obtained an MBA/MA joint degree from the University of Pennsylvania and became an investment banker in the US executing M&A deals in the Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) sector. Kuan Hua subsequently moved to Singapore, executing PE deals throughout the region before joining GREE in 2012. Focus: ECommerce and mobile businesses Geography: Asia Range:...
- Patrick oversees tech investments in the Chinese and Southeast Asian markets for Recruit Global Incubation Partners. Patrick is a business executive with experience across sectors ranging from internet, IT, media publishing, to strategy consulting. As an entrepreneur during the internet era of the '90s, he was Co-founder and CEO of a B2B startup that spanned three markets across Asia. In his current role, Patrick looks for investment opportunities in world-class technologies and top-notch people. At the same time, he brings to bear the wealth of success and experience of Recruit Japan, a US$10...
Startup Early Bird: $99SGD (apply before Midnight CET Wednesday 14th August)
Startup Entry Ticket: $170SGD (160 available)
Startup Spotlight Ticket: $245SGD (limited availability!). Spotlight ticket = Entry ticket + 30 seconds to pitch your company “in the spotlight” in front of entire audience – investors, sponsors, partners, and the other tech startup founders).
Investor Ticket: $1200SGD for the entire day; exclusive attendance with only 19 other VCs, a pitch on stage, bring 1 colleague along, and get your own Open Office Hours with Startup founders in the morning.
Sponsors / Partners
- The mission of the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) is to develop information technology and telecommunications within Singapore with a view to serve citizens of all ages and companies of all sizes. IDA does this by actively supporting the growth of innovative technology companies and start-ups in Singapore, working with leading global IT companies as well as developing excellent information technology and telecommunications infrastructure, policies and capabilities for Singapore. For more news and information, visit their website.
- DealMarket The Global Private Equity Platform DealMarket is a global online platform enabling Private Equity buyers, sellers and advisors to maximize opportunities around the world – a one‐stop shop for Private Equity professionals. Designed by Private Equity professionals for Private Equity professionals, the platform is easy to use, cost effective and secure, providing access, choice and control across the investment cycle. Launched mid 2011, DealMarket is growing fast with more than 60,000 recurring users from 154 countries, and ove
- Alpha Founders is a global venture builder, accelerator and investor. They are a partnership of passionate, creative and hard working entrepreneurs that love to build and invest into tomorrows leading Internet businesses. Alpha Founders is focused on scalable, transactional and digital ideas with a proven business model in an emerging market. They see a wealth of opportunities in early to mid-stage investments around the world, particularly in India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam and Singapore. The Alpha incubation program develops great entrepr
- swissnex Singapore is a platform of the Swiss Embassy bridging knowledge and competencies in science, education, art and innovation between Switzerland, Singapore and South-East Asia. It is a member of the Swiss Knowledge Network with outposts in Bangalore, Boston, San Francisco, Shanghai and Singapore. It acts as a promotional springboard and innovative door-opener enabling its users to prospect opportunities, discover synergies and nurture partnerships in a conducive environment. swissnex integrates governmental, academic and economic stakeholders unde
- Google will host the first ever Asian Capital on Stage from the 29th floor over looking the spectacular Marina Bay. With Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful not much is needed to be said about the connection to Capital on Stage's mission of demystifying venture capital.
- StartupBangkok is the first blog in English on the Thailand startup scene. Their goal is to feed you information on what’s really going on in the local ecosystem. Focusing on interviews with local entrepreneurs, offering an investor and startup directory as well as introducing you to the people you
- The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE), was founded in 1992 in the Silicon Valley and now has around 11,000 members, including over 2,500 charter members in 60 chapters across 17 countries. TiE Singapore is a part of this global network and its mission is to foster entrepreneurship globally through mentoring, networking, and education. It is a forum for interacting and learning from successful entrepreneurs and industry professionals. Members can establish relationships that can provide them mentoring, connections to venture capital investors and other profe
- The Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (SVCA) was formed in 1992 under the patronage of the Economic Development Board to promote the development of the venture capital (VC) and private equity (PE) industry. From a humble start of two, their membership now exceeds one hundred and continues to grow in tandem with the industry’s development. Their mission is to foster greater understanding of the importance of venture capital and private equity to the Singapore economy in support of entrepreneurship and innovation and to look after the int
- Jublia specialises in a pre-event networking solution that empowers face-to-face speed networking at the event itself. Simply put, event participants go to an event with a curated list of pre-arranged meetings and leads. Jublia customises this to an event organiser's networking aim allowing them to reap higher ROI from their events. The technology used to organise Singapore's Capital On Stage Open Office Hours is that of Jublia. Contact l Twitter http://vimeo.com/67862